In honor of Mother's Day, and to celebrate all of our favorite mamas and daughters, we opened the Loveshack barn doors for an afternoon tea party.
"As soon as I saw you,
I knew an adventure
was going to happen."
- Winnie the Pooh
30 seconds with the
Rebecca Hessel Cohen - Creative Director - Mother
- Your life in emojis: 💃🌈🌸🌹👸🎉✨🍷👑💋💍👼👠👙👗👛🐰⭐️🌊💫🍝🍦🍰
- Favorite mother/daughter ritual: dancing like none is watching and singing at the top of our lungs
- Best thing about having a girl (vs a boy): playing dress up together
- Favorite tea sandwich or tea time snack: baguette and olive oil. And rosé for me ;)
Sai De Silva - ScoutTheCity - Mother
- Your life in emojis: ☕️👩👧👦👩🏽💻😎🎥🍝🍷
- Favorite mother/daughter ritual: blasting the music and having a dance party at home
- Best thing about having a girl (vs a boy): playing dress, shopping and getting a mani/pedi
- Favorite tea sandwich or tea time snack: macaroons!
Daphne Oz - Wonderwoman - Mother
- Your life in emojis: 😂🙌🍕💕💙💛💚💜💞💘💝
- Favorite mother/daughter ritual: Tea time! She has so many tea sets, and is always laying out elaborate pretend feasts. She is obsessed with makeup, which she definitely gets from me - we're in a hot pink eyeshadow phase at the moment. I think her favorite thing of all is making popcorn with butter, salt and nutritional yeast and watching movies together after I put her brother to sleep.
- Best thing about having a girl (vs a boy): I'd be lying if I didn't say girl outfits are 1000x better! But the best part is I feel like ours came into the world already fully formed with so many opinions, a crazy sense of humor and her own way of doing everything. She is endlessly curious about the "why" of everything (she's also 3), but it feels like it's because she's trying to understand the emotions and motivations. Our son is purely physical. He wants to run at and touch everything, and he hates sitting still except to cuddle (which is the best!). It's just two totally different approaches to learning about the world, and I wouldn't say one is better than the other - but one definitely makes me worry for his bodily safety a bit more haha.
- Favorite tea sandwich or tea time snack: Cinnamon-sugar toast. For a sandwich, I love cucumbers and cream cheese or curried chicken salad with golden raisins. But best of all would be a hot scone with clotted cream and apricot jam.
Jodie Snyder Morel - Dannijo - Mother
- Your life in emojis: 🍼🍷👨👩👧👦🚴♀️🚕✈️🗽💕
- Favorite mother/daughter ritual: we have the best dance parties
- Best thing about having a girl (vs a boy): shopping for her
- Favorite tea sandwich or tea time snack: I'm obsessed with healing home foods almond butter chunk granola (you can buy at hu kitchen) and ginger tea
Stacy Lilien - Loveshackfancy - Mother
- Your life in emojis: ❤️😜🙈🙌😉
- Favorite mother/daughter ritual: getting a manicure together
- Best thing about having a girl (vs a boy): tutus and tiaras
- Favorite tea sandwich or tea time snack: croissants!